We cut the maps up in pieces and used a LOT of Modge Podge.
Here's the canvas covered with the base layer. I chose white portions of the maps for the base; Amanda chose blue.
I added some shapes in plain colors, copying a Rex Ray piece. Amanda put an "m" on hers (for her last name, Morton), using the green parts of the maps. When Amanda posts her pictures, I will link to those. Hint, hint, Amanda.

I hung it in my basement. There is a spotlight aimed right at it, saying "This is ART. . . just in case you thought it looked like my kid's grade-school project." It goes perfectly with the pool table, doesn't it? Super classy.
It turned out great!!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness, LOVE IT! Jeremy loves maps, he collects them, I wonder if I can do something like this, but a little more "manly" to hand in his office?
ReplyDeletemimi